Saturday, July 17, 2004

Ab Initio

Well, here we go. Up and running. Let's see ... what should be the first post? Oh yeah. I am sure you are wondering about how I came up with the name of this darned thing. Well, guess what, wonder no more. I'll tell you. Noam Chomsky, the famous linguist (yes, it is that same dude with several opinions on world politics, and yes he does have a real job ), came up with a famous example to show that even random words strung together, which mean nada semantically (colorless and green?), could be perfectly correct syntactically. What? Why did I come with such a lame name? Hey, better not insult my research ! Well, there you go. That should be enough for my first post right? Oh, yeah and if you are still reading, some people think colorless green ideas do sleep furiously and some get right down to the nitty-gritty .

Well, now that you know a lot about the "colorless" green ideas, the only thing left to do is to tell you that I personally prefer things with color.

QED.

No comments: