Saturday, March 31, 2007

Talking Inspiration

I am not sure if I have talked about this before but I am hooked on Google Tech Talks (RSS feed here). The Google folks seem to host weekly (at least) talks from invited and distinguished speakers (much like the seminar series in any research group but a lot more diverse). I have found an absolute treasure trove of illuminating material in there - some arcane, some delightfully anecdotal, some extremely relevant and useful and some ... just plain genius.

Oh, and speaking of inspiring talks, there are inspirations aplenty at TED - the Technology, Entertainment and Design conference. I hate to play favorites but the one that made my hair stand on end (quite literally) was given by the brilliant Anna Deveare-Smith.

So, the next time you find yourself with a decently speedy internet connection and nothing to do, watch and learn !

No comments: