Friday, July 08, 2005

Poirot

I just finished Disc 3 of the Agatha Christie's Poirot Collection (5 more to go). I absolutely adore the theme music of this show. Let me see if I can find it online ... hmm, found a sequenced MIDI here but not the original - which is just absolutely incomparable. Anyway, I was wondering about what it was about the theme music that not only made me feel good but also free and stress-less (a term coined by my friend Miriam). And then it hit me, it was because in India, Poirot was broadcast on Sundays at 12.30 p.m.

Ahh ... Sundays in India ! Nothing like having a delicious mom-made Indian breakfast, watching a string of BBC classics (Poirot, the hilarious Jeeves & Wooster and the brilliant Sherlock Holmes Mysteries) and knowing that half of Sunday is still there to enjoy after the shows.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the .midi file!

I came across this post when Google-ing for the theme music of the Poirot series. I'd read the name of the actual classical piece it is based on - after ages of searching I cant find it now - most relieved to find at least the .midi here.

(And you're right, it is associated with memories of lazy Sundays in India!)